Construction Training Pre-Apprenticeship
- 18 or older
- unemployed or under-employed
- Currently under the supervision of the US or State of Missouri Probation
- A resident of the Carr or Columbus Square neighborhoods
- High School Degree, GED, and/or ability to achieve a WorkKeys Assessment Level 4 in both Math and Reading for Information
- Pass a drug test by the end of the training
Deadline to Enroll:
The City of St. Louis in partnership with the Fathers Support Center and St. Louis Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship Program is offering a five-week paid Construction Skills Training and Internship opportunity to interested and qualified residents of the Carr and Columbus Square neighborhoods in the City of St. Louis. The Training will begin April 9, 2018. Following two weeks (80 hours) of classroom and shop training at the Carpenters Apprenticeship Training Program graduates will be working with the City of St. Louis’s Building Division in the Carr/Columbus Square Neighborhoods boarding and repairing abandoned and neglected properties.
Successful Applicants will receive:
- Opportunity to earn national safety and construction work certifications
- Transportation to and from training center (two weeks)
- Equipment including hard hat, safety glasses, uniform and safety shoes
- Training completion bonus (following successful completion of 2 -week training)\
- Weekly stipend during 3 weeks of on-the-job-training
- Completion stipend to apply to car purchase or other needs
- Assistance in obtaining permanent employment (Success rate for previous program graduates exceeds 85%!)
Want to enroll? Contact your CASE MANAGER or Chris Randle of the Youth & Family Center at 314.602.9401
NPOWER Apprenticeship (IT Coding) Program
- Ages 18 - 25
- Must Have High School Diploma or GED
- Job Placement Assistance
- 7-Week Paid Internship
Deadline to Enroll:
July 2, 2018
NPOWER Apprenticeship (IT Coding) Program is a FREE 15 -week training opportunity to gain the skills in today's hottest and most sought-after field, Information Technology or IT.
Classes start July 2018 at Harris-Stowe State University; Monday - Friday from 9am - 1pm or 2pm - 6pm
For additional information, place contact Tasha Woodard, Senior Case Manager at 314.325.9144
- Develop comprehensive community strategies for employment and career advancement
- Work with employers to facilitate job opportunities
- Provide ongoing counseling, recruitment, and screen clients for: employment education, entrepreneurial and employment opportunities, and workforce training programs
- Conduct individual assessments for residents who need assistance with employment
- Create individual development plans for clients seeking employment and/or career advancement
- Develop and implement tracking procedures to ensure and document compliance with contract provisions related to labor compliance
- Learn, and fully utilize, the company's internal tracking system
- Interpret Federal, State, and Local labor laws, rules, regulations and objectives as they pertain to resident hiring according to Davis Bacon and Section 3 compliance
Skills and/or competencies required
- Strong working knowledge and experience in common construction industry practices, procedures, labor costs, hiring, and assessments of workforce needs
- Strong working knowledge of common human resources hiring practices, interviewing and candidate selection
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, and Power Point
- Ability and commitment to handle privileged information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Availability to attend evening and weekend functions as required.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and insurance and availability of automobile for use at work to travel to various sites.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Human Resources, Redevelopment, Construction or other relevant field
- At least three years of professional work experience in a relevant field
Deadline to Apply:
July 24, 2018